Thursday, November 3, 2011

Back to the drawing board

Hello Round Robin-ers! Exciting news! I have received Meredith's contribution to this unique, collaborative art creature we are creating, which has triggered me to start my own work. After I am finished, I will then pass the torch on to another round robin participant (hopefully this will be in the next few weeks).

Here are some photos of the piece that Meredith sent me. The images are made via cut paper (geez, look at those details!). It was also folded down in an intricate way, such that when I first opened the package, it was one small, compact square. It folded out to reveal the full piece.





I am excited about starting this project because I haven't done anything illustration-based in a while. I think I am into the idea of somehow using Meredith's artwork as a springboard into my own piece, though I am not sure how I'm going to do that yet (could be very obvious or very subtle). Here I go--diving in!

Yours in artistic motivation,
Jenny



1 comment:

  1. I'm diggin' it! Reminds me of the Aquarium up in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete